This blog is the life and times of Grant. Grant is 8 years old and in the 3rd grade.
Total Pageviews
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
2011 My Rookie Year in Football. 1/12/12
Hi I'm Grant. I played tackle football. But my season's over. I was #54. I played tight end and safety I was pretty good but I couldn't run that fast because the pads were kinda heavy. Bu I was a really good helper. I was a pretty good blocker. And I really liked it because it was really fun and I learned a lot. I learned a lot about Offense and Defense of linemen. I started out as a Safety. Then, I learned a lot about offensive linemen because they put me there first and then they put me at tight-end. Safety was really fun too! Because you got to run a lot because they would always come around the side and you would have to tackle them. So you got a little bit of running in during the game. An end-around is when the tight ends come around and get the ball. So I once did an end around and the coaches called it "Grant End Around". like they always do with the other tight ends. So I was in my position. I was so nervous because it was my first time running the ball. So I got it and I ran around the side. I broke away from one tackle but the defense was too strong. Right after I broke that tackle another kid came around and slammed me down for a loss of yardage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment